Thinking Inside the Box

For a long time I've thought that the key to more users on ISCA was modern interfaces. I still think that's an important piece. But lately I've been thinking that there might be thousands of people out there who would like ISCA exactly the way it is now, if only we could market to those people effectively.

I was googling for such items as "Naim," "Centericq" and other console chat programs yesterday and noticing that Google doesn't have any adwords for those items. I'm wondering if it would yield any new users if I bought some adwords pointing to ISCABBS under those items.

Naim is an AOL instant messenger client that runs from the command line on a number of different UNIX platforms, as well as Windows.

Centericq is the same thing for ICQ, AIM, MSN, Yahoo, IRC, and Google Talk (Jabber.)

My point being that these things are under active development and use, meaning that there is a group of people out there who are currently actively interested in running programs with a command line interface to do chatting.

Such people would be prime candidates to recruit to ISCA in its present form. They would be the people most likely to like the telnet based interface exactly like it is, and be savvy and willing to compile one of the UNIX based clients if they wanted the added feature set.

Comments